Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Motivated or De-motivated


Are you motivated or de-motivated? Do you have what it takes or do you not? What is it that you are looking for? Let me duly point out that I am not going to address you on this issue but am going to seek your advice instead.

I am not very old a person, having finished my graduation of late and entered the field of making money. How do you define success? I can tell you that a lot of people definitely demarcate success with money. You might be surprised to know that there are a few who relate success with the number of lives you have made a positive impact on. Now these people with the latter belief, according to me, have abundance of money. So how would you precisely term success? I understand that this question could lead to an unending debate with no unerring conclusion. Conversely, I would still appreciate your opinions, as I might stumble across an answer that I just may possibly be looking for. It might even help you getting around to a more enhanced conclusion if not an accurate one.

I have been introspecting myself for quite a while now, in order to comprehend what interests me. What I have managed to unearth instead is that, my interest does not last long on anything? I might be very engrossed in something today, whereas tomorrow may be a totally different ball game. As you may realise that change is important but accompanied with a certain extent of permanence. What I lack is the right amount of permanence. What is it supposed to indicate? Does it imply that I should change my ways or is there something that is just right for me and waiting to be found.

It is not that there is nothing that draws my attention, but that it fails to draw my attention consistently. I should not be wrong by stating that there are more people apart from me with a similar situation. This question should assist in providing a part of the solution to their problems.

People might tend to lose the essence of life lest they do not know what it is that they are looking for. The desire to go on and go forth will cease if people are unaware of what brings them content. Even more so if they fail to realise a path that will aid them to realise it.

A plant or a tree has an ultimate purpose to flourish, survive and procreate. This can be correlated to permanency. Whereas they adapt to change as well, in case if there is a change in environment and surroundings. If they fail to change, the new overcomes the old, yet there must be an extent of permanency. The right balance between the two is required. It is striking the right note of equilibrium that helps you to flourish. I must conclude by saying that it is this balance that makes a man motivated or de-motivated?

No comments: